The Town & Gown scholarship, which replaces work study awards, student loans, or both, may be renewed each year by re-application. Town & Gown Scholars are invited and encouraged to participate actively in the organization.
1. Currently a College of Arts and Sciences or Johnston sophomore or junior at Redlands.
2. Demonstrated financial need as determined by the University of Redlands Financial Aid Office.
3. Cumulative grade point average of 3.3 in all work taken at University of Redlands. Note: those chosen for an interview will be asked to submit transcripts of academic work.
4. Permanent family home address in the Inland Empire. This includes all of San Bernardino and Riverside counties, as well as parts of Los Angeles County.
5. Demonstrated involvement in community service within the Inland Empire and/or University communities without remuneration or academic credit.
How to Apply
Letters inviting applications to eligible students will be sent to Inland Empire students in January.
After review of applications, the Town & Gown Scholarship Committee will interview selected finalists in March. (If you will be away from campus during the Spring semester please note that on the application and provide alternate contact information.) Award winners will be notified in April.