ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: 4205
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours (Occasional evenings/weekends required)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.64 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: September 14, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 28, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant II will provide administrative and clerical support for the Annual Giving team. This includes, providing comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistic support within a highly complex and diverse department. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs a variety of clerical duties including data entry, filing, copying, correspondence, maintaining records, processing mail, ordering/maintain supplies, prepares and sends various mailings with special emphasis on direct mail appeals
• Assists in person, via email, social media, or over the telephone, to alumni, administration, staff, trustees, vendors, parents, and public.
• Prepares and distributes reports to the department, the division, and to vendors.
• Aids in data management for department, particularly in identifying address updates, entering contacts by staff and volunteers, and requesting lists for mailings.
• Prepares purchase orders and check requests; orders and maintains stock of office supplies; maintains department budget(s) manually or by automated spreadsheet programs.
• Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential, particularly in relation to incoming gifts.
• Makes travel arrangements for administrators in department.
• Coordinates maintenance and/or repair of office systems and equipment with other University departments or outside vendors.
• May coordinate activities, recommend discipline, hire, train and complete performance evaluation of student workers.
• Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs plus three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Must be able to work with a high degree of autonomy in decision making; be accessible to students and responsive to their needs. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures and word processing, basic math skills and knowledge of recordkeeping required. Evening hours and off campus travel are required a couple times during the year. Must have exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER