ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Deputy Title IX Coordinator
POSITION CODE: 3728
DEPARTMENT: Title IX Office
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: February 17, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Title IX Coordinator, this position will assist in managing reports of sexual misconduct from receipt to resolution. Assist in educating the campus community about sexual misconduct. Assist in ensuring campus compliance with federal, state, and local regulation and guidance related to sexual misconduct including, but not limited to: Title IX, the Violence against Women Act, Campus SaVE, the Clery Act and other legal requirements.
The Deputy Title IX Coordinator is an integral partner with offices across the University who play a role in sexual misconduct education, response, support and/or prevention. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides comprehensive, timely response and support services to individuals reporting and accused of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, domestic violence, sexual exploitation, and sexual harassment as well as gender-based or gender-identity-based discrimination or harassment.
• Conducts intake meetings with complainants and respondents regarding sexual misconduct; address immediate safety needs; communicate information about support services and facilitate contact with internal and external resources; communicate information about reporting options both on and off campus and ensure parties' full understanding of the University's investigation, resolution, and hearing procedures. Identify and, in collaboration with other University offices, implement appropriate interim measures and accommodations.
• Coordinates case hearings, schedules, meeting logistics and communication with complainants, respondents, witnesses (if any), and decision makers/Critical Issues Board members.
• Maintains contact with investigators and ensures the investigation process is completed timely. Reviews investigation reports prior to their utilization in the resolution or decision making process. Follow-up with Student Conduct Office on compliance with final sanctions.
• Maintains database (Maxient Conduct Manager) for incident reports, investigation reports, notices, decisions and appeals to ensure complete incident case management records are maintained. Maintains records on active incident and case status/timelines.
• Leads or assists in the outreach and education prevention programming regarding Title IX for students, faculty and staff. Develops and maintains updates for University Title IX website and campus education materials and brochures.
• Collaborates with campus and community partners to continuously identify and integrate best practices in the Title IX case management, investigation and case resolution process. Assist in the development of Title IX policies and procedures.
• Night or weekend work will be required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree or Law degree is preferred. A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated professional work experience in student conduct, residential life, federal/state regulatory compliance, Title IX compliance or sexual violence investigation and prevention, or related experience is required. Strong knowledge of Title IX, VAWA, Campus SaVE, and Clery legislation is highly desired. Preferred experience with Title IX compliance and investigations, student conduct, compliance, or related field. Completion of Title IX Coordinator Certification Training within 6 months of hire, if candidate has not already completed, is required. Successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references through the University of Redlands Administrator application form: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER