ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: SYSTEMS AND OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
POSITION CODE: 3680
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $20.06 – $23.00 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: December 16, 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Operations Support Director, the Systems and Operations Specialist will assist with set-up, training, troubleshooting and reporting for Ellucian Colleague and related information systems for functional Student Financial Service areas. This position provides technology, administrative support and leadership to Student Financial Services. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assists Operations Support Director with technical set-up including: training, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and reporting for all systems.
• Assists with collection, analysis and preparation of data for internal and external reporting using current ERP system, Business Objects Web Intelligence, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and analytic software.
• Manages system set up, maintenance and improvement for CASHNet billing and payment software.
• Coordinates maintenance and testing of software releases related to Ellucian Colleague with Information Technology Services.
• Works closely with Student Financial Services staff to implement changes, streamline processes, prioritize technological needs and manage department projects.
• Acts as department expert for Microsoft Office Suite.
• Processes and maintains electronic transmission of data between Ellucian Colleague and all external partners.
• Composes and sends all Electronic Notifications; including electronic Title IV Disbursement Notifications to students and parents.
• Reconciles federal and state funding.
• Coordinates edits and prepares data reports, presentations, forms, and other documents.
• Provides leadership and acts as point of contact in absence of Operations Support Director.
• Assists Operations Support Director and other staff members as directed.
• Ensures quality of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
• Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of additional coursework in a related field and three (3) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination thereof. Candidates will have a strong technical ability to understand many different types of software and proficiency using databases. Successful candidates will have similar experience demonstrating a high level of independent thinking and judgment. Must have excellent organization and analytical skills and be detail oriented. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or visit http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER