First-Year Journey Travel Information and Schedule
First-Year Journey Trip Schedule 2018
- Friday, June 15th: Acceptance packets and forms go out to FYJ participants via e-mail.
- Saturday, July 7th (Redlands Connections Day): Initial Paperwork and Payment due.
- Friday, July 13th: Second round of acceptance letters will be sent out if original students do not accept or complete paperwork and payment.
- Thursday, August 16th, by 5:00pm: FYJ trip leaders arrive
- Tuesday, August 21st by 4pm: FYJ Participants arrive and if living on-campus, check in to their residence halls.
- August 21st: First day of FYJ activities on campus! Pre-trip meetings and equipment checks. Large group introductions and activities. Students will be sleeping in their residence halls tonight! Off campus students may go home and return the next morning at designated times.
- August 23rd: FYJ trips depart campus
- August 23th-27th: FYJ trips in the field
- August 27th: FYJ trips return to campus by 5pm
- August 28th: Free day on campus to relax/complete move in.
- August 29th: First Year Orientation program
How to Reserve Rental Gear
Your FYJ acceptance packet will include a list of needed gear and equipment. Items on the list marked with an asterisk (*) are available to rent from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop. All rentals are included in your trip costs. However, you will be required to leave a credit card deposit upon pickup. Rental gear will be picked up from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop before you leave for your trip.
If you need to rent gear, contact email@example.com.
Residence Hall Check-in
All FYJ participants who will live on campus must check into their residence hall and room between 1-4 p.m. on the day they arrive. You'll spend the first two nights in your room before departing for your Journey. Check-in times will be included in your acceptance information email.
Ontario Airport Shuttles
Upon acceptance into a scheduled FYJ trip, you'll receive a travel information sheet that contains information about flights and shuttles to campus. Several free shuttles will be available 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Ontario Airport to campus on the day you arrive.
Have a travel question?
Contact Andrew Hollis, director of recreation, at 909.748.8098 or Andrew_Hollis@redlands.edu.