ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant Director, Alumni & Community Relations
POSITION CODE: 4233
DEPARTMENT: Alumni & Community Relations
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One (1) Year
POSTING DATE: October 26, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under supervision of the Director, the Assistant Director of Alumni & Community Relations engages alumni and other constituents through direct outreach, social media, program development, and events. Job duties could include, but are not limited to:
• Social media efforts to promote events and connect alumni.
• Reports and data analysis of engagement activity and trends.
• Engage and train other staff and volunteers.
• Work with Alumni Association Board of Directors supporting the work of several committees.
• Manage Legacy and Commencement programs.
• Engage and coordinate with interested student groups including Maroon and Grey Student Ambassadors.
• Supervise administrative staff, student employees and volunteers on a project basis as required.
• Interacting with and acting as a liaison with various campus offices and departments
• Preparing and overseeing the production of marketing materials.
• Maintain relevant portions of the University’s Alumni & Friends website
• Create and manage volunteer opportunities for alumni and students.
• Develop, manage and staff events as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree preferred. One (1) year of increasingly responsible management and leadership experience in alumni relations or event planning is required. Valid driver's license is required. The successful candidate will be highly organized, efficient, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining composure at all times. Able to represent the university clearly and effectively to alumni, friends, parents, and other constituents. Able to work cooperatively and effectively with alumni and friends of the university to achieve objectives, with employees in Alumni and Community Relations and across campus, and various vendors. Must also demonstrate a high degree of leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management, effective budget management and problem solving skills; have a strong commitment to customer service and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. This position involves some travel and some evening and weekend work. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER