ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Enrollment Data Analyst
POSITION CODE: 4275
DEPARTMENT: Office of Enrollment Systems, Operations and Analytics
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full Time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Education and Experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: January 22, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Application review will begin February 18, 2019
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the AVP for Enrollment Systems, Operations & Analytics, the Enrollment Data Analyst plays a major role in the management of enrollment systems and data across the University, which includes both undergraduate and graduate populations. The primary role is to develop, maintain and analyze data that inform effective recruitment strategies. This position will work as a key part of a division that designs, manages, and maintains the Recruitment CRM, Technolutions Slate and will work closely with the leadership within each School’s admissions and enrollment teams to develop analysis and reporting capabilities specific to each unit.
The Enrollment Data Analyst will enhance the existing data infrastructure and reporting systems to provide actionable business intelligence. Analyzing and visualizing data will support critical business processes and initiatives, including optimizing processes within the recruitment funnel, strategically allocating financial aid to prospective students, scoring leads, testing and monitoring the effectiveness of recruitment communications, and facilitating long-term projections, goal setting and planning within the University.
This position is dedicated to optimizing enrollment strategy and tactics through analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and evidence-based decision making. The position will assist leadership with meeting annual goals for student enrollment and retention, and will help the enrollment team understand trends, strengths and weaknesses in order to make smart, strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated aptitude for analytical work, be able to present data and findings to a variety of audiences and have the technical skills necessary to successfully liaise with diverse groups on various projects.
Responsibilities & Essential Job Functions:
• Development and maintenance of data and analytics within three Slate CRM instances: Traditional Undergraduate [CAS], Traditional Graduate [CAS Grad] and Graduate & Professional [Evening and degree completion]
• Conducts full life-cycle analysis of admissions process to aid in data-driven decision making.
• Proactively reviews and audits CRM data and continuously act to correct data irregularities and errors to maintain a high level of data integrity.
• Collaborates with operations staff/managers regarding CRM administration and quality control.
• Responsible for preparing, analyzing and storing data.
• Ensures successful integration functions between Common Application, CRM and University’s student information system (Ellucian Colleague).
• Presents and trains Enrollment Management teams to read, analyze and digest reports and analysis.
• Creates ad-hoc queries and custom reports, provides analytical support for recruitment events, reports conversion data for various activities, creates processes for data collection, and develops thoughtful analysis in response to questions raised on trends, effectiveness, and correlations.
• Creates custom reports and provides analytical support for Slate communication campaigns. Works with Google Analytics to help improve ROI on communication plans.
• Fulfills requests for data, analysis, surveys and profiles from various campus departments and vendors.
• Work as part of a team to develop an analysis and reporting plan for recruitment and admissions activities, enrollment forecasts, enrollment analysis, and effectiveness of various marketing efforts.
• Analyze data and metrics. Identify meaningful insights and trends from marketing campaigns/activities.
• Assist with increasing prospective student engagement and recruitment efficiency through data analysis and the development of CRM strategies.
• Serves on institution wide committees related to data integrity, reporting and serve as a liaison with Institutional Technology (IT), Institutional Research and the Registrar’s Office to define and identify opportunities to use and share data to improve the University’s effectiveness.
• Purchase, review and analyze name purchase data through organizations such as the College Board and ACT, Inc. and upload data purchases to CRM, with appropriate documentation.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Evenings, nights and weekends may be required during certain cycles of the year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a fast-paced metric driven environment.
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize, organize and work independently and on a team.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle highly confidential information with patience, discretion, tact and a keen eye for detail while working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds/
• Professional experience using and/or managing Slate or a similar CRM system in and admission, sales, or fundraising setting. Ability to learn new systems to include CRMs and an institution-wide student information database and system. Technolutions Slate preferred.
• Expert knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Experience with SQL Server preferred
• High level of proficiency in computer systems to include MS applications.
• Experience in college admissions work to include increasing progression of responsibilities is preferred.
• Must be open to a working a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend hours.
• Knowledgeable about best practices within the university admission field.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, Master’s preferred.
• 3 years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience using a CRM is strongly preferred.
Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER