Office of International Students and Scholars

University of Redlands welcomes students from over 23 nations. These students are supported by the International Student and Scholar Advisor  who assists with orientation for new students and all issues that arise during their time at the University, from visa, employment, change of status, reinstatement through questions about cultural references.

Despite our relatively small numbers, international students are actively involved in clubs and organizations and many choose to make presentations to ensure that U.S. students receive information on other countries. This is useful when events occur in places that would otherwise seem remote and unconnected to the University.

Most international undergraduate students live on-campus and College of Arts and Science students under the age of 23 are require to live on-campus. Although some graduate students live on-campus, most live off-campus in local apartments. Regardless, every effort is made to accommodate international students and keep them engaged in campus activities.

Office of International Student and Scholars Contact Information:

Rebecca Freeland
International Student and Scholar Advisor
Phone: 909-748-8716

Our office is located in Duke Hall, 104A.

For information on graduate programs and admissions please contact:

Brian Jauregui, MBA
Director of International Recruitment
Graduate & Professional Enrollment

For information on undergraduate College of Arts and Science undergraduate programs and admissions please contact

Kenley Jones
Director of International Recruitment and Senior Associate Director of Admissions
College of Arts and Sciences

New International Students:

Once students are admitted to the University of Redlands, they will be issued an I-20 Form. Degree seeking students will need this form in order to apply for F-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy in their country. 

Exchange visiting students will receive a DS-2019 Form and need to apply for the J-1 visa. 

We will provide students with information on the procedures for applying for the visa, paying the SEVIS fee as well as the documents required for entry into the U.S.

New Transfer International Students:

Students currently studying in the U.S. in F-1 status whether in a high school or a college who transfer to the University of Redlands will be issued a new I-20 Form. After being admitted to Univeristy of Redlands, students must:

  • Submit the SEVIS Release Transfer Form to their current international student advisor to release their I-20 form to University of Redlands.

  • Submit the Certificate of Finances Form to the International Student Analyst at University of Redlands.

  • Contact the International Student Analyst to complete the transfer within 15 days from the program start date. Students, who wish to transfer out to other institutions, must inform the International Student Analyst of their intent to transfer and provide the complete name and the school code of the school to which they are transferring.

Students currently in the U.S. in J-1, H1B, or B1/B2 visa status who are admitted to the University of Redlands must contact the International Student Advisor to be advised on change of status to F-1.